Claims, help.

BrianXing
Contributor
Contributor
I currently own a game server and a huge donor was banned for multiple reasons. He charged back 20 authorization claims totaling $648 and I don't have that money. I called and was told that I would have to wait for a investigation for the cases (can't even provide my evidence) and if it was in the buyer's favor I would have that negative balance of $648. What are the chances for me winning because I am truly scared, I will not be able to pay $648...
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

BrianXing
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you everyone but I was able to resolve this by making a simple phone call.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what is the reason for the chargeback?

if he files item not received,you know digital/virtual goods have no seller protection,same with service provided.

PAYPAL will ask for online viewable tracking number. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrianXing

You should really read up on seller protection BEFORE you start to use paypal.

You have NO seller protection on paypal for virtual items, you can sell them but at your own risk.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if this is a credit card chargeback,not a Paypal dispute,then you are looking at 20x$20=400 chargeback fees if you lose the chargebacks.

Login to Me Too

BrianXing
Contributor
Contributor
I was told this is not a chargeback and no fees but just a claim.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BrianXing

20 authorization claims totaling $648 a

i take it that means unauthorised claims and not chargebacks.

Either way if paypal find in the account holders favour then you will lose and have to re-pay the account holder.

And as you have no seller protection you will not be reimbursed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

she has no money in her account,Paypal would have to foot the bill and come after her. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If these are PayPal claims of unauthorized use, there might be a chance you can win.  PayPal checks the log in history, transaction history, amongst other things.  If this person has a pattern of spending money at your place of business, perhaps PayPal will see it as authorized use.  Usually unauthorized use has transactions that are unusual to the account.  The buyer has 20 transactions and if the dates of those transactions do not seem suspicious in relation to log in times, you have a chance of winning.  Cross your fingers.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

BrianXing
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you everyone but I was able to resolve this by making a simple phone call.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nice!  A happy ending. Smiley Happy

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.