Chargeback Fee Abuse?

Deslaw
Contributor
Contributor

As you may know if someone opens a chargeback through their credit card you are charged $20.00 USD

someone has been threatening to send me multiple one cent payments and then open chargebacks so i get charged a massive amount (thousands of USD)

Is there any way to prevent this?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deslaw

Just refund the payments and report them to paypal.

You can't chargeback a payment that has been refunded.

And its unlikely a c.c. company would chargeback that many payments without questioning why their client was making the payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Deslaw
Contributor
Contributor

I'm a bit worried because he claims he can get my paypal negative into the thousands, sending 15+ payments with multiple different people sending the payments

he has some "hitman" service where people pay him and he does this thing to people

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Sheesh, who did you make mad. Smiley Surprised

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

yu can refund him immediately,but you may have to pay a transacation fee ,as any card transaction has a transaction fee .

you can also report to Paypal immediately so they can restrict his account,so he cant send any 1 cent payment or any payment.

His credit card issuer may want to know what he is doing?

Unfortunately companies are using robots more and more,and robots act on how they are preprogrammed.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You can also change your email address

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.