Cancelled eCheck

TSyragakis
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone, On Tuesday April 25th, I sent an eCheck to someone for something I was purchasing online. After speaking with the seller and figuring out a better way to send the payment, we both agreed that it was best to cancel the eCheck and send the money using the different method. Just to be sure, I called PayPal and asked them if the money would still be coming out of my account since it was cancelled, but the next day, it did. Being quite annoyed by this as anyone would be, I called PayPal again. They told me that it was an automatic process and once I send an eCheck the request to my bank had already been sent so that's why the money had come out, I was extremely annoyed at this point because the PayPal employee had told me the previous day that the money wouldn't be coming out, so I felt a bit cheated. I then asked what was going to happen with that money since it was cancelled, and the PayPal employee told me that after the 6-8 business days which is how long it usually takes for an eCheck to clear, the money should be deposited into my PayPal account. Since I was told one thing by the PayPal employee the day it got cancelled and another thing the next time I called to see what had happened, I've decided to ask the community for answers. Thank you in advance for any replies. Sincerely, Tristan

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.