Can't download into Quicken

bobkelly
Contributor
Contributor

aNYBODY ELSE HAVING DIFFICULTIES DOWNLOADING INTO qUICKEN?

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

boliviar
Contributor
Contributor

I have the exact same problem.  When I try to reset it says it cannot connect to Paypal.  Everything else works fine

Login to Me Too

CitroenCX
Contributor
Contributor

I've had this problem too lately. Quicken couldn't connect to PayPal, I had a hunch and I made a cash transfer. Right after, I tried to update Quicken, and it worked. It seems that you can't update if there are no changes from the previous update. I sensed a pattern after a couple of months of sometimes updatings, sometimes not. I think any transaction will trigger it to become available for update. I wasn't able to come up with any different explanation.

Login to Me Too

boliviar
Contributor
Contributor

I have new transactions but still no lluck.  Thanks for trying!

@CitroenCX wrote:

I've had this problem too lately. Quicken couldn't connect to PayPal, I had a hunch and I made a cash transfer. Right after, I tried to update Quicken, and it worked. It seems that you can't update if there are no changes from the previous update. I sensed a pattern after a couple of months of sometimes updatings, sometimes not. I think any transaction will trigger it to become available for update. I wasn't able to come up with any different explanation.

Login to Me Too

CalmMix
Contributor
Contributor

Im having issues as well. I tried a few things and nothing works. My last update from paypal was October 20th. I Remember this happening to me a few years back with quicken 2013 or something and it was a security issue between quicken and paypal and the quicken software no longer supported paypal. They made me upgrade to 2015. So the solution might just be that they want you to upgrade to quicken essentials 2017 unfortunately.

Login to Me Too

CalmMix
Contributor
Contributor

Ok som im going to eat my words this time. I GOT IT TO WORK!

Here is what i did.

Go to accounts tab and select settings while you have your paypal account selected. Select Troubleshoot on the top of the pop up screen and update username and password. Even though i didnt change mine for some reason after i did this it downloaded all my trasactions. Hope this works for you.

Login to Me Too

BP17
Contributor
Contributor

What are you talking about?  I can't map anything you are describing into my (almost brand new) Quicken 2017.  There is an Accounts tab, but there is no settings button or menu.  I can't find a "troubleshoot" button or menu anywhere.  When the "One Step Update" pop-up appears, there is nothing to click on or select, it just asks for the password and goes.

QUICKEN no longer supports .QIF format (and hasn't for years), and PayPal doesn't do anything else.  The real question is why it was working a few months ago.  (I tried downloading transactions from the PayPal site, and Quicken refuses to read the resulting file.  It says the file either doesn't exist or is in an invalid format.  Well, which is it?  MAKE UP YOUR **bleep** MIND, QUICKEN!  The program knows perfectly well what the problem is, why the **bleep** doesn't it tell me?  This is symptom of "We've got a captive customer base we can **bleep** over until they all jump ship and we don't have to give a **bleep** about them."

This has apparently been problematic for years, based on the on-going complaints.

**bleep** you, QUICKEN (and PayPal too, for that matter.)

Login to Me Too

Tessad762
New Community Member

Has anyone determined what the issues are with Downloading from Paypal? 

I am having a lot of 2nd thoughts on using Quicken because:

1. Haven't been able to download from Paypal for almost 2 - 3 months now (we have 3 accounts)

2. Anyone notice that you can not download any mortgage data, or any type of loan that is tied to an asset?? What good is it without it? I'm being told you have to manually key in the transactions and modify the check or withdrawal from your account and apply it to the debt account. 

3. Anyone hear of any other type of financial software??? 

Login to Me Too

Tessad762
New Community Member

@BP17  Quicken has stopped a lot of transaction types. I upgraded from 2014 to 2015 and ever since even with upgrading to 2016 I can't get crap to work and it's been over a year! I refuse to upgrade to 2017 not giving them one more penny until they fix what worked and now doesn't.

The captive audience could also go and find an excel workbook template somewhere to manage an account with a spreadsheet journal instead of this crap,  I am so disgusted with Intuit and all the other Software companies and their mightier than thou complexes they all seem to have these days.  

Well, sorry I couldn't help you and commiserating instead.  

There is a settings button but it isn't the normal one you would think it would be.  Though I am not sure whose post you were talking about  to give any further explanations to assist. 

You can bing me back through here as I requested email alerts for any replies. 

Login to Me Too

BP17
Contributor
Contributor

I was refering to @CalmMix's 2nd post on 12/30/16, which describes features and options not present in my Quicken Deluxe 2017.

Login to Me Too

mobri2a

I went looking for answers to this problem this morning.

- PayPal sync stopped working long ago for me

- QIF is the only Quicken file format I see on PayPal

- As someone mentioned, QIF has not been supported for years.

So here is what I did (Quicken 2017):

- Go to Edit Account Details (click the gear)

- Go to the Online Services tab

- Click Deactivate

- Now re-enable your account for online services.

Once I did this I downloaded 3301 days worth of transactions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.