Can no longer refund labels printed on Paypal

captainroy
Contributor
Contributor

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find any recent mention of it.  Over the past few days I have realized that when I buy and print a USPS shipping label through Paypal, the shipping address is no longer stored by Paypal and I also have found the option to refund the label has disappeared.  I've had a couple of labels that didn't print due to issues with my printer.  When I go back to try to print them again...the option has disappeared, as has the option to refund the label.  Any advice?

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The refund option is only for a couple days.

Login to Me Too

captainroy
Contributor
Contributor

But this is something I purchased and tried to print just 1 hour ago. It shows as being paid to USPS in Paypal, but when I open the transaction there is no option to reprint the label or to refund it. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Well, no you can't do anything from there; that's just the payment transaction.

Go to Tools  and look for the mult-order shipping tool.  Labels should be there.  You can reprint from that app.

Login to Me Too

captainroy
Contributor
Contributor

Certainly appreciate the additional advice, but that didn't do it either.  Up until a week ago or so, I was able to reprint or refund USPS shipping labels from the main transaction screen (as mentioned earlier).  Now that option is gone.  I went to the multi-order shipping tool as you suggested, but I've never used it before and when I told it to import my Paypal history, it didn't import anything. Not labels, not transactions, nothing.  😞

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I've used the mutli-order shipping tool for labels not associated with PayPal transactions; I've never had to reprint one that I printed from the transaction line.

I figured all label transactions went to the same place for storage. 

I just checked the multi-order shipping tool and your right; the only history is labels created with that app separate from a PayPal transaction.

My PayPal transaction labels are from last month and they all show shipped, so I can't help on your solution.

Next time I ship I'll check just for my own learning experience.

Login to Me Too

captainroy
Contributor
Contributor

Well, they've definitely changed something in the transaction interface over the past week.  This is what I see now when I try to view the USPS label purchase transaction:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8qPpFY4yQy9cGxEbE1Tc3RDTmM

Previously, going to this screen would show me who I shipped it to, as well as giving me the option to reprint the label or to refund it.  Unfortunately there's no option I can find under "help" to get Paypal to assist me on this issue.  I guess I'll have to try to call them. 

Login to Me Too

captainroy
Contributor
Contributor

I just figured it out.  When I posted that screen grab for you I noticed the "switch to classic experience" option at the bottom.  I did that and got back to the old screen I was used to, and I was subsequently able to refund the label.  Concerning that this "classic" option is supposedly only for a limited time.  After that I can't refund or reprint labels apparently. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

That's about the same as I see when I check a label printed from the transaction.  The is part of the postage payment receipt.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.