Can i receive and withdraw money if i'm in Cambodia?

khattriya-leng
New Community Member

I researched this topic a long time ago and i know that withdrawing money from paypal is not available in cambodia. But it's been a year or so and i was wondering if i can do that now?

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Seems PayPal has some conflicting information posted. 

One site states the following:  Residents of Cambodia have the ability to link a credit card to your PayPal account and send payments.  Unfortunately you do not have the ability to receive payments.

Another site states you can receive payments and it even explains the fees.

However, neither site says anything about withdrawing money.  One could assume that what you know has not changed however, you may want to follow-up with customer support direct to be sure.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Erica

Hi there!

Sorry for any confusion. Cambodian account holders are able to send money, but would not be able to receive or withdraw funds at this time.

Login to Me Too

albrenner
Contributor
Contributor

I wish that Paypal would initiate support for Cambodia.  It is a poor country that direly needs help.  I halp many students with school fees and so forth.  When I send money I have to use Western Union which charges $12 per transaction which is outrageous when you consider that using Paypal I send money to neighboring Vietnam for less than 50 cents.  All those high transaction fees could be going to help poor students but rather they go to Western Union which is still locked in the 19th century.  So Paypal, you could be helping hundreds of very poor people by getting Cambodia into your system.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@albrenner wrote:

I wish that Paypal would initiate support for Cambodia.  It is a poor country that direly needs help.  I halp many students with school fees and so forth.  When I send money I have to use Western Union which charges $12 per transaction which is outrageous when you consider that using Paypal I send money to neighboring Vietnam for less than 50 cents.  All those high transaction fees could be going to help poor students but rather they go to Western Union which is still locked in the 19th century.  So Paypal, you could be helping hundreds of very poor people by getting Cambodia into your system.

we have a large vietnamese population in Hosuton and some of their supermarkets and travel agencies offer service to send money to your family in Vietnam,I dont know the fee,but it is probably cheaper than WESTERN UNION,you may want to ask around among the Cambodians or even the Vietnamese if there is a way to remit money cheaper.   

Login to Me Too

Wildtours
New Community Member

Come on PayPal, the question has been asked do you have a useful position on helping the provide aid by way of charity payments for educational or medical donations. Cambodians suffer enough and you are, in practical terms, turning your back on this issue by not replying to this important issue.  Why have a community notice board if you can't respond to the issue of sending charity donations?  I can't practically send funds to a medical charity unless I use Western Union and in the real world that is because you seem not to care about some of the poorest people on earth. 

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

why not ask the Cambodian government?

Login to Me Too

thomasr56
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I find this to be amazing. Countries such as Thailand even Somalia can use the Paypal platform but not Cambodia. Your points are right on the mark. Maybe if we got a petition together somehow to Paypal as this just is bad business on their part if they would consider the thousands of NGO's as well as the business Community that would participate and would add nicely to Paypals revenue objectives.

T

Login to Me Too

Bruyes
New Community Member
I specifically would like to know if I can use my PayPal debit card at ATMs in Cambodia, the same as I do in other Asian countries. Thanks for the help B
Login to Me Too

visoth
Contributor
Contributor

I want to sell some stuff on ebay from cambodia. Since paypal not allow payment received, I can't seel my stuff.

Will paypal allow payment received someday for account from Cambodia?

It would be good.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.