Can I use Paypal to purchase kratom without jeopardizing my account?

bfranklin
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use Paypal to purchase kratom without jeopardizing my account? A friend had her account terminated without notice for purchasing kratom. I depend on this leaf for pain relief for my spinal injury.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@bfranklin

Your friend already got the answer.  It's up to you if you want the same consequences.

When you select PayPal as a payment processor you explicitly agree to PayPal policies.  If you don't like the service and policies are free to select a different service.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Angleason27
New Community Member
I'd also like an answer to this question as I believe it is wrong for a company like paypal to have any say in our day to day finances especially when we are buying a LEGAL product. thanks in advance.
Login to Me Too

JustStahp
New Community Member
Agree entirely. A legal item shouldn't cause you to lose your ability to make secure payments. I love PayPal service but blocking pain patients from getting a legal non-controlled supplements seems cold to say the least, PayPal. Where's the humanity? I realize there are some states that have banned it, shipping to those states should be prohibited but I'm sure a big company can make that happen. After all, thousands of kratom websites do and many of them are run by 1 person.
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@bfranklin

Your friend already got the answer.  It's up to you if you want the same consequences.

When you select PayPal as a payment processor you explicitly agree to PayPal policies.  If you don't like the service and policies are free to select a different service.

Login to Me Too

bfranklin
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response. Your policies convey a disregard for people's need to make the best possible choices to manage their health. You can be confident I and many of my friends WILL GLADLY select a different service. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

It's not my policies; it's PayPal's policies--the policies you accepted when you started using PayPal.

I'm just another user here.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Try using a different payment method-cash,money order,postal order,money gram,western union.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@bfranklin wrote:

Thank you for your response. Your policies convey a disregard for people's need to make the best possible choices to manage their health. You can be confident I and many of my friends WILL GLADLY select a different service. 

Paypal is a payment processor,not doctor or pharmacy dispensing medicine,there are other options of making payments-cash,credit card direct,western union,moneygram,postal order,money order,cashier check and even personal check.

how do we pay for medicine and doctor visit before PAYPAL,before credit card or even insurance?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

PayPal have to follow the law too and to make it simple for them legally/jurisdiction-wise, they would simply ban or restrict a certain product/service.  And it would be so problematic and costly if you threw disputes, chargebacks, and risk of fraud into the mix.  It's a smart business move for PayPal to avoid it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bfranklin
Contributor
Contributor

True... at least until people stop using paypal entirely to protest their unwillingness to help their customers acquire needed medicines! At some point, it will cost Paypal more to ignore this issue than to make the necessary effort to support laws on a state-by-state basis.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.