Can I have both a personal and business account?

Bigelow
New Community Member

On my personal account it says upgrade to business which I want but I don't want to lose my personal account. I will be using the same banking details but a different email address.

Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Yes, you can have a different PayPal account for personal and business. You'll just need to make sure you have separate email addresses for each like you said.

Technically, you can add the same bank account to different PayPal accounts, but this is not recommended. You should keep personal and business bank accounts separate the same way you would the PayPal accounts. Business bank account should be hooked up to business PayPal, and personal bank account to personal PayPal account.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You can add a bank account to one PayPal account at a time.  However, if approved, you may be able to add the bank to a second PayPal account.  You will be informed when linking the bank to the second PayPal account if you have been approved.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.