Buyer wants product overnighted (new to PayPal)

benjaminerik09
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all,

I'm new to PayPal and want to make sure I'm avoiding a potential scam. I am selling a camera and the buyer contacted me asking if I can overnight it for delivery tomorrow. He was fine with paying additional shipping costs, but I want to make sure I don't send out an expensive piece of equipment without confirming that the funds are transferred. Is there anything specific I should be on the lookout for or that I should make sure to do before I send the equipment? I don't want to be duped into him sending over funds and then somehow being able to cancel or rob me of the sale. 

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Likely a scam.

There a lot experienced, smart, and savvy PayPal buyers just looking for risky items sold by  inexperienced PayPal sellers.  They are easy targets for scams to take money and/or product for free.

Stay away from selling a high risk camera until you become an expert with PayPal polices.

Spend a month reading all of the protection and business discussions on the forum.   After that you'll be ready.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Likely a scam.

There a lot experienced, smart, and savvy PayPal buyers just looking for risky items sold by  inexperienced PayPal sellers.  They are easy targets for scams to take money and/or product for free.

Stay away from selling a high risk camera until you become an expert with PayPal polices.

Spend a month reading all of the protection and business discussions on the forum.   After that you'll be ready.

Login to Me Too

benjaminerik09
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, I figured it was fishy. It was in response to a craigslist posting, in which he never tried to negotiate the price and was fine spending an extra $100 on shipping so that he could "buy it for his son." As always, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.