Buyer paid, funds nowhere to be found

rgramm10
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so I sold an item on Ebay and the buyer paid to my email through PayPal instead of through Ebay. I still got an email saying that the buyer paid x amount and I check my paypal and its not pending nor is it in my balance. I just shipped the item and provided a tracking number via Ebay. How will I be able to view the money the buyer sent me? 

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

rgramm10
Contributor
Contributor

I was able to get my package back from UPS before it was taken to be delivered thankfully. I am new to ebay and thought the email was a legitimate one. Thank you all so much for your fast replies... I should have known there were many sketchy aspects of the sale that I should have waited or cancelled the order. Have a goodnight everyone.

edit: Also, I didn't try to avoid the Ebay fees by doing it just through Paypal. I just believed he had done it wrong and accidentally done it through just Paypal. I clearly should have looked into this better, but you live and you learn I guess. Fortunately I didn't lose anything, but I need to be much more careful.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Good to hear that your lesson wasn't costly--and it was a very good learning experience.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

good to hear you got your item back.

You need to bone up on Ebay and Paypal buyer/seller protection.

scammers prey on rookie sellers with low feedback,electronic and precious metal goods

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.