Buyer paid, funds nowhere to be found

rgramm10
Contributor
Contributor

Okay so I sold an item on Ebay and the buyer paid to my email through PayPal instead of through Ebay. I still got an email saying that the buyer paid x amount and I check my paypal and its not pending nor is it in my balance. I just shipped the item and provided a tracking number via Ebay. How will I be able to view the money the buyer sent me? 

Login to Me Too
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

yes,it is a scam.

Paypal just sent you an email saying you get cash,then it tells you if it is eligible for seller protection and where to ship to.

there should also be a clickable link to your ebay listing.

it does not care if or how you ship 

but he did not make payment via eBAY ,are you trying to avoid Ebay fee? 

if domestic order,go to USPS website and intercept the package,it will cost you $13,if UPS ,call them not to deliver 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There should be a transaction on your PayPal summary page.  Even with pending funds there would be a transaction.  If the buyer made a PayPal payment there will be a transction showing.  Make sure you log onto your PayPal acocunt on a computer.

Even so, you should never ship while a payment is pending.  The PayPal transction detail will show when it is OK to ship.  

Seems like a good idea to learn more about PayPal transcation activity page and the information available on the transaction detail.

No one here can see what is on display on any of your account pages, so it's hard to help with a visualization of what you actually see on the screen.

As for the email, you need to read it carefully and look for clues.  Did you actually provide a tracking number to PayPal before you received the email?  If not, then you know it's a scam?

Did you ship by UPS rather than USPS?  If not, then you know it's a scam.

Furthermore, you would get a notice of payment BEFORE any email about shipping.

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Conclusion:  seller has a lot of learning to do in attempt to make money in future.  Lack of learning will only mean more losses for seller.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Mt friend,may be you have been scammed,does the email come from  @ paypal dot com .if so,go to USPS and ask them to intercept the package.if it is domestic

Login to Me Too

rgramm10
Contributor
Contributor

The email came from service at paypal dot com. This was the email

" PayPal customer's center received the shipping tracking number (number) from you. We have sent this mail to acknowledge the receipt of your mail and reference code included and to make you aware that your money is being processed to be credited after thorough verification of the reference number you have given to us. We noticed that the item was shipped via UPS,hence we need more time to complete our shipment verification. Nevertheless, please allow 2-3 working days of verification and you shall receive a mail from us confirming that your money has been credited into your PayPal account."

Is this a scam? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

yes,it is a scam.

Paypal just sent you an email saying you get cash,then it tells you if it is eligible for seller protection and where to ship to.

there should also be a clickable link to your ebay listing.

it does not care if or how you ship 

but he did not make payment via eBAY ,are you trying to avoid Ebay fee? 

if domestic order,go to USPS website and intercept the package,it will cost you $13,if UPS ,call them not to deliver 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

any time you are not sure if it is Paypal,forward it to spoof@paypal.com 

Login to Me Too

Chasing_amy
New Community Member
I just learned that I got scammed. Got an email from PP stating that buyer has submitted the payment, so I went ahead and sent the package overseas. Turned out that it was a scam, I've read that packages can be rerouted. Can a package be rerouted when it was sent overseas (it was sent 24 hrs ago).
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Nope. Only domestic shipments but it never hurts to ask your nearest PO.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There should be a transaction on your PayPal summary page.  Even with pending funds there would be a transaction.  If the buyer made a PayPal payment there will be a transction showing.  Make sure you log onto your PayPal acocunt on a computer.

Even so, you should never ship while a payment is pending.  The PayPal transction detail will show when it is OK to ship.  

Seems like a good idea to learn more about PayPal transcation activity page and the information available on the transaction detail.

No one here can see what is on display on any of your account pages, so it's hard to help with a visualization of what you actually see on the screen.

As for the email, you need to read it carefully and look for clues.  Did you actually provide a tracking number to PayPal before you received the email?  If not, then you know it's a scam?

Did you ship by UPS rather than USPS?  If not, then you know it's a scam.

Furthermore, you would get a notice of payment BEFORE any email about shipping.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

He has been scammed,he skips Ebay to avoid fee,and the buyer sent him a fake Paypal email.

Paypal could not care less if he has shipped or how he ships

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Conclusion:  seller has a lot of learning to do in attempt to make money in future.  Lack of learning will only mean more losses for seller.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.