Buyer issue

Kaisui
Contributor
Contributor

Hello PayPal community,

This is the first time that ever happen, but a buyer from eBay is issuing a refund when I'm sure it's him at fault.

1. He miss his package upon delivery when it arrived there in 2 days. His excuse was "he was away, oh he don't know."

2. He issued a refund right away without making a call first to see where the package is or reschedule the delivery, he asked everyone around him when it can just be anywhere or delivered by anyone without taking that call first. I paid for the postage, shipping materials, gave him the tracker, and everything. It's even insured, I did what I have to do.

3.  This is the tracker status right now. When he miss his package he had that option to call to reschedule.

"Reminder to Schedule Redilvery of your item"

Sometime later I saw the tracker again and I see that the "item is finally delivered and is left with the indivdual" like he finally done something I don't know, but then I still have a - balance on PayPal, because the buyer opened that case. He's not contacting me about it again. I told him many times to call the post office, I even found the information for him, but he refused to listen. I opened a case

with PayPal and eBay.  I'm not sure if I should still pay the rest of the - balance until the case is resolved. If the case is resolved and if I won the case would PayPal pay me back the money if I paid off the negative balance? I'm not sure how long PayPal and eBay will go for in resolving the case...

I can't use PayPal until that negative balance is gone.

Sincerely,
Laura

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you want to keep selling and accept Paypal or sell on Ebay,you need to understand what is a ebay dispute,what is Paypal dispute and what is a chargeback and what are the reasons for dispute/chargeback/

when a case is open or chargeback is filed ,Paypal will immediately withhold the payment from your account,if there is no money or not enough money,then your account turns negative,if you win,money is released from hold  and no more negative balance.

if you lose ,the money wil be returned t o the buyer,and if chargeback,an additional $20 fee is added to your account,Paypal will ask you to fill that negative balance .

make sure you have entered the tracking number and it shows delivered to his address on paypal /ebay notice,if 750 or more,signed for.

did you say it is insured,by whom?

if it is USPS insurance,when tracking says delivered,it would be hard to claim.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Buyers do not issue refunds.  Sellers issue refunds.

Are you the buyer or seller?

What is the real problem?

Login to Me Too

Kaisui
Contributor
Contributor

I'm the seller. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So who issued the refund?

Login to Me Too

Kaisui
Contributor
Contributor

I said the buyer did. 

The buyer reported that they didn't receive their order. Until this case is closed, we've also placed a hold on the transaction amount.

The buyer has filed a case with their financial institution for a payment of $43.00 you received on Jun 23, 2017. We've opened a case on Jul 12, 2017 so that we can collect more info and resolve this with the buyer's financial institution.

It was said all in my first post explained. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So, buyer did NOT issue a refund.

You did NOT issues a refund.

No one issued a refund.

Buyer cannot place a hold on funds.

You need to clarify details of what happened.

Did  buyer contact you that the item was not received?

Please explain step by step what happened and how you responded to each event.

Login to Me Too

Kaisui
Contributor
Contributor

forget I asked, please delete this thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The buyer open a chargeback with his cc issuer,saying he did not receive his item.

now you have to upload the tracking whuch shows delivered to the original transaction, Paypal has seller protection if your item qualifies for protection and you shipped to the address given in payment notice.

if you lose,Paypal will have to eat the loss plus the $20 chargeback fee.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

seller cannot open a case,buyer can.

ebay also have seller protection,but a chargeback hits Paypal,so you need to deal with Paypal.

Login to Me Too
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if you want to keep selling and accept Paypal or sell on Ebay,you need to understand what is a ebay dispute,what is Paypal dispute and what is a chargeback and what are the reasons for dispute/chargeback/

when a case is open or chargeback is filed ,Paypal will immediately withhold the payment from your account,if there is no money or not enough money,then your account turns negative,if you win,money is released from hold  and no more negative balance.

if you lose ,the money wil be returned t o the buyer,and if chargeback,an additional $20 fee is added to your account,Paypal will ask you to fill that negative balance .

make sure you have entered the tracking number and it shows delivered to his address on paypal /ebay notice,if 750 or more,signed for.

did you say it is insured,by whom?

if it is USPS insurance,when tracking says delivered,it would be hard to claim.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.