Buyer Telling Me To Ship To A Forwarder

andydylan
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, a buyer is telling me to ship to a forwarder of his since he is out of the country. An invoice was made and paid by him already, and his forwarder address does not match up to his address due to the fact that he is out of the country. Does paypal check the tracking system and match up the two addresses? Ex. shipping to Washington but their address is in Hong Kong? Will the funds be taken from me? Thank you.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Linc1957
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@andydylan  Is this an eBay transaction?  My understanding is that you are to ship to the address on file for the Buyer at the time of order.  If there is a dispute and the records who you shipped elsewhere, not good.  The Buyer should be able to change their ship to address to match the forwarding company.  I have shipped to forwarding companies for foreign customers but the forwarder's address is the address of record for the Buyer and when eBay / PayPal show it delivered to the forwarding company then the delivery via tracking is satisfied.

While there may be acceptable ways to use the forwarder I do not know what they are.  One thing you could do is log on to eBay's The Community and in the Community Search window type in "shipping to alternate address" orsomething similar, there are probably some threads on this subject.

Login to Me Too

andydylan
Contributor
Contributor
This is not through an ebay transaction, this is through a Facebook message and buy type of thing. I sent him an invoice straight through paypal and he paid the invoice. I'm not sure due to the fact that he said he made his paypal in Hong Kong and that it wouldn't let him change his primary address to the forwarding address. It seems legit and all, but I am scared that he will file a dispute and I will get in trouble for shipping to the wrong address.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.