Buyer Dispute item not described

cuteron
Contributor
Contributor

hi paypal

what can i do if i sell a laptop where i mark it as for parts or not working with details of "problem is sometimes it wont boot sometime it will" with no returns accepted, in which i told him that the issue is in the motherboard, and yet he insist it is the video card and wants to return it and i dont know if the parts is still the original or maybe replaced already and i dont have the serials of it. what should i do?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You "no returns" policy is superceded by PayPal's returns permitted policiy.

I assume that a dispute was not yet filed.  This is good as it gives you a chance to resolve quickly and move on.

Where did you have it listed for sale?  What were the actual detials about which parts worked and which ones didn't.

Used computer parts of little resale value so this should not be an expensive issue to resolve, but more information about the published details are important.

More to offer after more information provided.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

is this an ebay listing?

ifyou list under parts and scraps,then it is not meant to work ,but hard to say,he is now saying video does not work while you said something else does not work,he could file item not as described.

if it is Ebay,you want to argue that it is meant for parts and you should not have to pickup return shipping.

if youget eBAY involved,it is one strike against you.

you should really say as little as possible,if it is meant for parts,dont say what works and what does notw ork,this guy is fishing .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

if he files on Paypal,he will pay return shipping.

there is no way you can prevent him playing switch-a-roo,Paypal will side with him iunless he is a serial switch-a-roo player.

he may give up if he hast to pay return shipping.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.