Business account sub-users can't change password!

wolfharper
Contributor
Contributor

In our business account, we create sub-accounts for each user.   This allows us to limit permissions to what they actually need, and if something is done, we know who did it.   Just one problem.  

We give our user a complex password like  Vnh%fyc3wrhq9hg#2zps (example password, not live) and say "NOW CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD" because our admin really doesn't want to know their password.  (that would be terrible security).  

And they go little guy button upper right corner -> "Welcome (their name)" -> My Profile -> Update password on left edge.  The next page asks old password / new password / new password.  It does nothing.   No error, just punts them back to the profile page. And the password isn't changed.

The screen does the same exact thing even if the old password is wrong, or if the new passwords differ.  It isn't even checking. 

How do business-account sub-users change their password themselves?  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

WaitroseCarpark
New Community Member

I have this issue too.

Login to Me Too

MidAtlanticB
New Community Member

Same issue.

Login to Me Too

cmb991
New Community Member

Anyone have any update on this? I am having the same issue too with subaccounts on a business account

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.