Bank Account Says `Unauthorised’

Ashton17
New Community Member
Hello Everyone, I am new to paypal and i have just added and confirmed my bank account with ANZ and did the money verification thingy and it says confimed but is also `Unauthorised’. (This is only in the mobile app) I also tried buying a book on google play and it came up with an error saying ‘there is a problem with your payment method’. Please Help!
Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Try using a computer for all financial and banking transactions.

Login to Me Too

Ashton17
New Community Member
Yep will do that now
Login to Me Too

Ashton17
New Community Member
Nah didnt work
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Next step:  phone PayPal customer service for account issues.

Login to Me Too

Akirababe
Contributor
Contributor
I'm curious how you expect people trying to make in-app purchases on their to use their computer. I'm having this issue too and paypal support has been no help. I've had transactions on Steam denied as well, although I was able to make two separate purchases from websites; one on pc the other on my phone. I've tried re-adding my PayPal account and my bank account (which takes several days of waiting) and having zero luck with certain programs. Some of my transactions are getting denied for no reason out of nowhere. It's getting frustrating 😞
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Perhaps you need to look for a different payment service which fits your personal needs.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Ashton17,

That's definitely strange. It's possible this bank status is impacting your ability to use this bank as a funding source. In order to have this matter investigated further, you will want to reach out to our teams directly. Our teams can be reached by clicking on the "Contact Us" link in the Help Center or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance.

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Akirababe,

I can see why this would be frustrating. From what you've described here, it sounds like your payments may be being impacted by our internal security model. You can find additional information about why payments may be denied here. For additional assistance, I recommend reaching out to our teams directly. We can be reached by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any PayPal page or on Twitter or Facebook for additional assistance.

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.