[Ask] Receiving fund with paypal

Scherbatsky

Hello , 

first of all please pardon my english , as its not my native language.

A few days ago i was posting some of my stuff on the local marketplace forum on my country.

and someone text me said he was interested in my stuffs, and want to purchase it and he will send the fund with Paypal.

He's from Pakistan , and i was quite surprised how it can reach my ads, so i did a little search on google, and i found that Paypal isnt available in Pakistan

due to many scam or security issues. 

long story short , he's already sending me the fund , and he said the money will be holded until he received the stuff , and gives a heads to paypal,so paypal can release the money , somewhat like an escrow service. And i perfectly understand that.

What i'm asking is ,  Is there any possible scenario that he will have the item and dispute the money ? 

or worst case he opens a case where he said my stuff are not legit / wrong size / wrong color,  and ship back the fake stuff and things like that ?

FYI im selling legitimate ad*das sneakers. 

should i be aware ? or any tips for me?

i dont know where else i should ask.

Thank you !

[UPDATE]

i just realized , the email fund that popup into my inbox is not using paypal domain , its "<removed>"

Have a nice day everyone

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It is a scam. PayPal does not work in-cojunction with an escrow service.  If the buyer really sent payment, it will show up in your activity.  The sender of the money has no control over the release of the money to you after they have paid, PayPal does, so they are lying to trick you into sending money to them or shipping out goods without receiving money first.  When buyer gives you any convoluted instructions to receive payment, it is a scam.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

It is a scam. PayPal does not work in-cojunction with an escrow service.  If the buyer really sent payment, it will show up in your activity.  The sender of the money has no control over the release of the money to you after they have paid, PayPal does, so they are lying to trick you into sending money to them or shipping out goods without receiving money first.  When buyer gives you any convoluted instructions to receive payment, it is a scam.

Login to Me Too

Scherbatsky
Gee thanks , i just opened my Paypal account , and i know there should be in my activity list.

and i just realized he's sending me an exact copy of paypal , and he's using gmail.

thanks ! kudos for you!
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You're welcome and thanks.  Smiley Happy  Just hate seeing people getting railroaded like this.  See here for more scams to be aware of. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.