Appeal the Decision given in the Favor of Buyer

Varkasa
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

We are trying to appeal the decision given on case  # PP-005-845-652-556.
The allegations that the buyer pointed out are not true and we have strong evidence to prove each of it.

When I do try to click on appeal this decision it opt for the option I can provide the tracking information it requests me to share compelling evidence. We did share Virtual/Intangible goods as we did offer access to online training videos cannot offer the tracking number for it.

I would like to go ahead and appeal the decision as I cannot share the tracking number please let me know what all information I can share so that this issue gets resolved at the earliest.

Can share a document that has a proof that (Buyer) was given access to the course and as promised the original course as promised was shared with her. We request you to open the case and give us a chance again to appeal for this claim.

Regards

Karthik Kosireddi

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Varkasa

Ask customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Varkasa
Contributor
Contributor
I did reach the Customer Care Support Team. They had only one solution that i can appeal the decision but need to share the Tracking number. But as it is an Online Training Institute we do share the access through Wishlist we can share the screenshots for the wishlist access, Emails the buyer sent and she accessing our videos from the month of March to May 01st. But right now as the verdict is given we can only prove our point through the tracking number which we do not hold.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

So it seems the dispute was item not received.  You need to show online tracking delivery; there is none.  You lose.

You sell virtual items at your own perile.

Login to Me Too

Varkasa
Contributor
Contributor

We are an Online Training Institute and are there in the market since 7 years. Never have faced any such issue it is just the false allegation by the buyer and the point that we can't share a tracking number has made us lost the dispute raised. 

By opening this conversation in the community we just want to make out the point that for Virtual good other than tracking numbers there should be another option as well so that they can share the needed emails or screenshots and proof they point while they appeal the decision.

Login to Me Too

Varkasa
Contributor
Contributor

The Customer Service did try to help us.

But the main issue here was we did miss out on few of the email sent by them and could not respond to them on time because of which the decision was given in the Buyer Favor. Intially we did disclose all the needed screenshots and the case was closed in our favour but later the buyer appealed on the decision again and we were asked to share few more details which we did have but could not submit on time as we missed out on the emails sent. Due to which the decision was given in the Buyer favour.

I completely agree that it was our fault that we did not respond back to they emails sent, as we thought the case was closed.

Later we did find out that the Buyer did appeal back and opened the case, now that the decision is in the buyer favour we were given a chance to appeal back within 15 days which we did but it was asking us for a Tracking Number our company being a Online training institute we do offer access through Whislist could share the needed screenshots and proof of the emails sent by the member to us for support and the buyer accessing our content from March to May.  We fail to proof our point as we are an online training institute and have no tracking number though all the other evidences we have clearly prrofs that the allegation on our company are not right and we did share the promised content.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You sell online training videos.   To qualify for seller protection the item must be a tangible item; your items are not, so you do not qualify for seller protection.  You have not provided online tracking for physical delivery.

Your business model is high risk fo dispute and loss with no help from PayPal.

Review PayPal policies for more information:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full#seller-protection

Login to Me Too

Varkasa
Contributor
Contributor

Agree that to qualify the seller protection the item should be a tangible service. But we do request the Paypal team to come up with a better solution for clients like us who deal with Virtual goods or should i say Online trainings give us more options other then just the tracking number to prove our point.

Screenshots and Email sent also should be given consideration and reviewed before a decision is made.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what reason did your customer cite in the dispute?

Login to Me Too

Varkasa
Contributor
Contributor

The customer had a long list that is close to 5 points of false allegations we had proofs and needed documents that all the allegation that was put across by the buyer were not relevant and true.

They are close to 30 other members who joined the same training program and no one had an issue except for this one buyer who did use our services for 2 months which the buyer say's she hasn't and then raised a dispute through Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.