Anyone know the secret code to view one's PayPal Credit Statements?

PeanutGallery
Contributor
Contributor

I log into my PayPal account, click the "Details" button in the PayPal Credit section, click the "See Statements" link on that screen and I get that pop-over screen on the right-hand side of the page with what appears to be three options "Current Activity", "Today" (selected by default), and the ever elusive "Statements". 

I go to click the "Statements" link which presumably, would bring me to my Statements when I see my mousepointer is not changing over to the pointed-finger icon to indicate that I'm hovering over a hyper link but remains as the regular arrow pointer icon over plain text strings. Curious, I looked at your page's source code and YOU DON'T HAVE A LINK OR EVEN A REFERENCE TO ANOTHER RESOURCE TO QUERY THE DATA INTO THE PAGE I'M LOOKING AT.  Proof (look at the highlighted text in the white pane to the right of the black "Statements" pane)

paypal.jpg

Some observations:

#1 No where on that black pane was the "We're sorry but we can't access your transactions right now. Please try again later" so unless the majority of your customers are WebDevs; NO ONE CAN SEE THIS MESSAGE

#2 Where as your HTML contains the hyperlink tags nested within a div tag, your "Statements" div has the alleged error message nested in a paragraph tags <p>. So "me thinks" that this isn't some bad PHP output that hit an error handler, hence, displaying that "try later message", this seems like it was built into the code/Static/Hard-coded from the onset. 

#3 As much as I love playing CSI: HTML - I would really love to hear an explanation and a way to just view my previous PayPal Credit statements.

PayPal Employees: Thoughts, Comments, Feelings?

Cheers

-Peter

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Just below "statements" word should be a list of dates for previous statements.

Click on the most recent.  That will the summary.  On that page will be a PDF download link for the full statement.

If there are no dates under statement, it would indicate that a statement closing date as not yet ocurred and, of course, there then would be no statement.

Post back with details if you want more help.

Login to Me Too

Pudplay
New Community Member

It's just as OP described. There are often no options for any statements to view, even though there should be. It's sketchy. Sometimes they show up, but most times not. Definitely needs to be fixed. Thanks. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.