Any Limitations on Email Usage and Identities for Different Ventures?

HolidayGuy
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm wondering about limitations on emails for different purposes.

For example:

Suppose I have two stores... a book store and a tool store. So, I can register the emails such as, amazingbooks at somemail dot com and supertools at othermail dot com. Okay, they are two different emails and two different identities associated with the same account for two different webstores. Is the connection between these two different online stores and activities visible to the public? I mean, can the person online see that the two stores are owned by the same person? My interest is simply to know if I can keep one online enterprise separate from another, and one identity separate from another? Obviously a customer who buys something can become aware when I mail them their purchase, and that's fine because they are a customer. However, can snoops and trolls track a person from one venture to another in some way, or do two identities remain separate from casual browsing? Yes... I ask because I have been trolled. One of my online ventures came under attack by some dishonest people who apparently thought it would be fun or entertaining to destroy someone's work and reputation. So now going forward I want to spread things around and separate ventures and identities so that dishonest people can't destroy everything I do in one coordinated attack LOL. I guess it really is true that we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket...

Does PayPal care how many emails I register or how many identies I use with the same account?

Any thoughts on this subject welcome.

Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

we can have 2 paypal accounts-business and pesonal.

each account can have up to 8 email addresses,but the money collected under these 8 email accounts are comingled .

so if you use different email addreses for your business under the same business account,your customers would not know they are related /

But there are other ways to find out,but who would bother?  

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

we can have 2 paypal accounts-business and pesonal.

each account can have up to 8 email addresses,but the money collected under these 8 email accounts are comingled .

so if you use different email addreses for your business under the same business account,your customers would not know they are related /

But there are other ways to find out,but who would bother?  

Login to Me Too

HolidayGuy
Contributor
Contributor

'But who would bother' indeed... yet I found out the hard way already that there are people out there with enough time and malicious intent to do such things apparently just for laughs. So, in order to protect myself, that's why I'm trying to find out if by spreading my ventures into many different locations and identities I would add some protection and prevent trolls from damaging me easily in one shot.

Thank you for the reply. 8 emails is pretty good.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.