Am I being scammed?

alynks99
New Community Member

I had recieved a couple of emails thanking me for purchases of computers and things that I did not order, but no transactions ever happened on my account, so I blew it off.  Now I get an email saying my account has been locked, and I need to click a link to verify my information.  When it asked for my credit card info, I stopped and logged into the actual paypal sight, where my account is obviously not locked.  I just made a small purchase, and it went thru just fine.  Was this email some kind of way to get my credit card info?  I don't think the real paypal would ask for that info.  Thay already have it.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

The emails were NOT from PayPay.  You need to learn how to find the REAL sender's email address, not the spoofed one.

You also need to learn to check your Paypal account by direct logon at the very first sign of alarm.  PayPal will send you a message through your account.

Links in spoofed emails are extremely dangerous and canresult in your providing confidential information to scammers.  You should hover over the link and see the dangerous link.

You ignored multiple warnings.

Hopefully, they got nothing with your link.  Cliking links can automatically release a virus or other damaging software.  Some automatically download .doc files with problems.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.