Am I being scammed?

mail1118
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, recently I bought an item through PayPal. I paid on Wednesday, April 26. The seller claimed to have shipped it on either Friday or Saturday (April 28 or 29). He didn't get tracking or provide any proof he actually shipped the item. He said shipping should take 2-3 weeks. The longest it should take from UPS, FedEx, or USPS is 6 days (according to the shipping estimators). He said he shipped it via OnTrac, which doesn't service my area (or my state). He said he could check today. So, today he claims to have checked and it was shipped to the right adress and that the shipping place would check for a receipt and email it to him. Now he is telling me that the package should be here by next week at the latest. 4 weeks is a long time for US to US shipping. I don't know what to do. I still want the item. I haven't filed a claim. I am getting nervous but the seller is still comunicating so I don't know. Feel free to ask any questions. Also, I don't know if it changes anything but I paid $110 after the fees. I hope I put this post in the correct category too. Thanks! 🙂

Edit: I should've mentioned in the main post but he changed things a few times. At one point he claim he would check before Friday, then Tuesday, and then on Friday. He claimed it would be best to go on Friday since he had Friday off but yesterday he mentioned checking after work.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

lol I'm on the shipper's site and it advertises as "the faster, more affordable alternative...".  The seller said it would take 2-3 weeks?  Ok.  The shipper doesn't even ship to your state and you're given no tracking number.  It is almost a month.  Is the seller drop shipping?  Did seller have to go manufacture what you bought, sheesh.  To me, it seems a joke but it is up to you.  You can open an Item Not Received dispute now or wait longer, as long you do not wait past 180 days from the date you made payment.  The seller is responding, sure but is stringing you along, imho.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mail1118
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. It wasn't this sketchy in the beginning. When I bought the item he said he'd most likely ship via UPS and get tracking if it wasn't too expensive. After I paid and he "shipped" it he said 2-3 weeks. It wasn't until a few days ago until he said he shipped via OnTrac. I started feeling suspicious a week ago and started asking questions and that is how I found out. If I wanted to start a claim, do I tell the seller? What do I say? Should I start the claim now? Thanks again. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.