All recurring payment subscribers cancelled today by Paypal

AdminJay
Contributor
Contributor

At just after 11am EST today, i started receiving well over a hundred messages that "Profile Cancelled". My entire online website subscription base was cancelled by paypal today, and they said i wasn't the only one, and apparently do not yet have a fix. 

Therefore, since this is an online business and paypal the only Gateway, my entire business may have just been thrown in the trash bin by paypal. Good work folks, well done

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

AdminJay
Contributor
Contributor

Their new version of what happened is that I did this, that I made a batch request through the API to cancell all of my subscribers at once. This does not match my logs, and they will not provide me with any proof from their logs, which I requested. 

Further, i have no ability to do this, short of writing a custome piece of code to canclell all at once. Why would I do this?

Paypal will not provide any help, or information, or logs. They will not help me restore the users, their answer is to have me sign up everyone all over again, one by one. 

Stripe,  here I come

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

what do you sell?

Login to Me Too

AdminJay
Contributor
Contributor

I have a subscription (recurring payment) based website. The fees are quite low but I have a lot of customers and growing

I am now in the midst of finishing off the member checkout again, still figuring out to migrate all the users to Stripe since paypal cancelled them I can't use the API

Might have to do them all manually yay

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.