After receiving two $25.00 payments my account balance is $0.00

aCoffeeSnob
Contributor
Contributor

Well this is troubling.

February 23, 2017

Payment of $25.00 received.

Receipt No: Omitted due to posting "rules".

How quaint - strange, peculiar, or unusual in an interesting, pleasing, or amusing

March 2, 2017
Payment of $25.00 received.
Receipt No: Omitted due to posting "rules".

Glad to see someone (PayPal) is getting the money.

Unfortunately, if there is no resolution (within 3 business days) to the continuous aquisition of my funds by PayPal, I will be forced to:

1) Close my PayPal account

2) Report these and other potential irregularities to the United States Federal Reserve Board.

I await a resolution,

a Coffee Snob

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What transactions are listed on your PayPal account summary?

What type of payment were you expecting?

What are the details of each transction?  What fees are on the transaction detail page?

Login to Me Too

aCoffeeSnob
Contributor
Contributor

What transactions are listed on your PayPal account summary?

There are no transactions listed.

What type of payment were you expecting?

Via a PayPal button that is on my webpage.

What are the details of each transction?  What fees are on the transaction detail page?

Mar 6, 2017 09:13:02 PST    Transaction ID: 3YY50488N5946353N      
Variable Payment to Desert Star Promotions    Item #: 010
Select Payment Amount: Minimum    $25.00 USD    1    $25.00 USD
Receipt No: *prohibited*

Please keep this number for future reference, as your customer doesn't have a PayPal Transaction ID for this payment.

THE TRANSACTION ABOVE IS ME PAYING MYSELF.

Mar 2, 2017 17:01:19 PST    Transaction ID: 3AJ18759MC883344L

Please keep this number for future reference, as your customer doesn't have a PayPal Transaction ID for this payment.

Feb 23, 2017 07:50:50 PST    Transaction ID: 9FM65776VP2031838

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Were you using Sandbox to test your PayPal buttons or something?

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You didn't see the transactions on your account but were you able to get the transaction info? Reads as if you got them from PayPal notification emails, yes?  Check if the emails are real.

FUrthermore, have you contacted customer service?  This is user forum and we do not have access to your account to troubleshoot.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Something suspicious.

No transactions on your summary or activity pages, yet you have transaction details.  Where do you get the details.

And then the receipt number shows "prohibited" as if you were doing something against PayPal or regulatory policies, so no money was paid.

And then you have a payment listed to yourself.

It would seem appropriate for PayPal to limit and account with this much suspicious activity.

If my assumptions are incorrect, the please provid information about what really happened.

Login to Me Too

aCoffeeSnob
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for your replies.

03-06-2017 11:25 AM
Were you using Sandbox to test your PayPal buttons or something?
No. I don't even know what Sandbox is.

03-06-2017 11:36 AM
You didn't see the transactions on your account but were you able to get the transaction info? Reads as if you got them from PayPal notification emails, yes?  Check if the emails are real.
I received the PayPal notifications by email.
Furthermore, have you contacted customer service?  This is user forum and we do not have access to your account to troubleshoot.    https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/contact/call
I didn't know what avenue to take to source that information.  Thank you very much for the link.

03-06-2017 12:03 PM
Something suspicious.
No transactions on your summary or activity pages, yet your have transaction details.  Where do you get the details?.
From the notifications that were sent to me via email

And then the receipt number shows "prohibited" as if you were doing something against PayPal or regulatory policies, so no money was paid.
Prohibited means that when I tried to include the actual receipt numbers in the post I would get a message in red at the bottom of the posting box stating that xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx was prohibited and needed to be removed.

And then you have a payment listed to yourself.
Yes, that was my way of testing to see if the button code was functioning properly (the receipt number was my credit card number and that is likely why it was prohibited to post it).

It would seem appropriate for PayPal to limit and account with this much suspicious activity.
Hmmm . . . my bank shows the payment I made to myself yesterday as a temporary authorization, yet my PayPal account still shows no activity..

I will contact customer service and post the results here.

Be Well,

A Coffee Snob

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Now extremeldy suspicious.

What are the REAL email address of the notiications you received?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.