Add to Cart button redirecting to PayPal log in page

MusicMan0169
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've created a customer website and added 'add to cart' buttons.

I've tested the buttons on various platforms and devices and they work fine so I'm 100% sure it's not a coding issue (and as the code is the standard one produced by PayPal's system).

However, when a user accesses a link to the website from the businesses Facebook post, then clicks on an 'add to cart' button, they are redirected to the PayPal login page instead of the item payment page?

This ONLY seems to happen on iPhones (the latest ones with the lates iOS), never on Android devices, laptops or tablets, or on older iPhones.
It only seems to happen when they have followed a link on Facebook (if they go direct to the website, there's no problem).

Now, the link from Facebook works fine and sends them to the page shown so it seems to rule out any problem between FB and the website.
The issue is after coming from FB, and between the clicking of the 'add to cart' button and what happens then when going to PayPal - i.e. to the log in page instead of the checkout.

The code for the 'add to cart' buttons is just the standard one produced by PayPal - no dropdowns, no add ons, just the plain code produced automatically - item number, price etc.

I've read that there is a bug/cache issue with the latest iOS that is affecting PayPal 'add to cart' buttons?
I've even read that the phone owner has to reset the cache or phone - whatever - it's not a solution when a business is trying to make sales to then tell a phone user they have to do 'this and that' to their phone before they can buy something!

Either way, my customer is losing sales because of this, as users, even if they bother to log in after being sent to the wrong page, then have to return to the site and look up the item again - which many won't bother doing. Sale lost!

If it carries on the only alternative will be to ditch PayPal and use an alternative payment portal.

This is the website:

http://www.landtaccessories.com

The FB page is below as you will have to click on a link on a post to demonstrate the issue:

https://www.facebook.com/landtaccessories

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

weebits
New Community Member
just wondering if you have sorted this problem yet and if so what was the problem, and how was this resoved? I have a website and any customers using google on an iphone or ipad cant get to our shopping cart. once they buy something it goes straight to paypal login page and bypasses the cart. If they switch their phone to safari it works. The website seems to work using a laptop on google. this has been going on for months now. paypal, freeparking, and my web designer all say it is not them? would love to know how to fix this. Anyone know please!!
Login to Me Too

RPMGraphics
Contributor
Contributor

anyone ever get this resolved or is 3rd party cart the only option?

Login to Me Too

azsteve
Contributor
Contributor
I am having same problem but it appears to be resolved on your site. Could you please tell us what you did? Thanks
Login to Me Too

b73tees
Contributor
Contributor

Please tell me someone has fixed this issue or know a 'work-around'...

I am losing sales left right and centre because after being redirected to my page via link on Facebook, people cannot see a shopping cart and simply give up.

Please HELP!!!

Login to Me Too

RWC
Contributor
Contributor

I've had numerous people tell me they are being redirected to PayPal when using their iphone or ipad, I've also had other people tell they got to the cart and all the way through, Sooooooooooo..... WHAT'S THE ISSUE ???   WHAT'S GOING ON ??? 

Login to Me Too

RPMGraphics
Contributor
Contributor

Remove  target="paypal"

Login to Me Too

RPMGraphics
Contributor
Contributor

Remove, target="paypal"

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.