Account limited and can't provide documentation

damark726
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all. I recently just started selling on ebay. I recently put up listings for 3 pre-order / pre-sale itmes that are releasing in the summer. I sold all three and received the payments for each. Long story short, I had to refund all three purchases back to the buyers. Once I log into paypal, I suddenly see I have my account limited and they need a few things to understand my recent account transactions. They're asking me to upload a photo id, provide proof of address, provide shipment info, and confirm available inventory. The first 2 things I can provide, that's no problem. The problem is the other 2 things they need. I was selling a pre-order, I did not ship anything out yet. I don't have any shipping info to provide. And I also cannot confirm any available inventory. I really don't know what I'm supposed to do. I am going to call cusotmer support, but I wanted to check here first and see if I can get any feedback first. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You do realize though how your situation can and do seem suspicious to PayPal.  Like, are you a retailer with legit access to the goods you're selling as pre-order, etc.  That kind of stuff.  Contact customer service to explain the transactions were canceled so no shipping info available and can't confirm inventory as none was received and why.  They might give you a break or sever business ties with you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You do realize though how your situation can and do seem suspicious to PayPal.  Like, are you a retailer with legit access to the goods you're selling as pre-order, etc.  That kind of stuff.  Contact customer service to explain the transactions were canceled so no shipping info available and can't confirm inventory as none was received and why.  They might give you a break or sever business ties with you.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.