Account frozen because I'm not 18

Mundocurry
Contributor
Contributor
I made this PayPal account with my father a while back and only recently, have started selling clothing on Grailed in order to make some money. I understand that I am not of legal age to use PayPal, I'm 16, and I just want to know how I can take the money I have already made out of my account so I can end my buissiness with PayPal once and for all.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You failed to comply with PayPal age policies; this was a serious issue for PayPal.  PayPal has the authority to abruptly close acocunts.  You'll need to wait until you are 18 and then phone PayPal support to get access to your money.

For now, find another business opportunity.

Login to Me Too

Mundocurry
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I understand that, but is there anyway I can gain access to my money? It seems unjust that I was able to sell something, AND THEN for PayPal to afterwards have my account frozen! I wasn't even made aware that you had to be 18 (since again, my father made my paypal account for me). If anything you should require for new comers to provide their ID immediately when creating an account with PayPal. Again I would just like to remove the money that is rightfully mine and discontinue business, please let me know if that's possible, thanks.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Seems you do not understand.  You violated PayPal policies.  Your money is not available until your turn 18.  It's that simple.

Login to Me Too

Mundocurry
Contributor
Contributor
Ok thank you, you're very helpful.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.