Account closed without any reason !!!!! Misunderstanding !

rangastra
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

My paypal account has been closed even after i have not done anything against the paypal agreement , i have provided all original documents , address proof , identity proof  & what not . 

I am a normal freelancer who sells digital goods & services . I provide web development services & i also sell websites/domains via flippa & other portals.

Here is what happened :

1.  I normally do business of lower amounts via paypal , but i had one established website that i recently sold for a higher amount via paypal .
  2. This unusual spike of payment raised a flag & my account was limited by paypal .(9th December)
  3. Paypal asked for documents and i provided them.
  4. Buyer starts a dispute in paypal claiming that i sold him hardware products not the website ( I have compelling proof that this is false )  , all proof submitted to paypal dispute . (Also , buyer is a known scammer & cheat in various forums around the internet , also submitted to paypal ) . Sadly did not research this before sale. (12th December)
  5. Buyer does not give single shred of proof 
  6. Note : Paypal account is still limited (15th December)
  7. I get an email from paypal ("Your PayPal Account Has Been Returned to Regular Standing" meaning limitation removed) (16th December) ( Yay !)Limitation removed
  8. Current status of dispute : Waiting for additional information from buyer (17th December )
  9. I get an email again from paypal & my account is closed (No reason given) ! ( 17th December )
  10. Note : Dispute is still going on 

I am 100% sure there is some confusion or misunderstanding , i have no idea what to do . Paypal removes limitation & then closes account in 1 day without any notice ? 

I love paypal & trust paypal , please help me . I have no idea what to do ! I am ready to provide explanation on every single transaction on my paypal account , give all proof etc. etc. But why has my account been closed 😞

I have never got a dispute on my account (Have been using this for 5 years now) ,  no problem . Suddenly buyer makes fradulent claims and account closed suddenly ? And dispute is also still going on !

Whats more ? The site i sold was my main site , have been working on it for 6 months day & night , i loose the site & paypal account & money (Even if i win dispute , paypal will keep funds for 180 days ) ! I am done (It was the key to my future ). Also , for the dispute one look at the proof i submitted will verify what i am saying is true.

HELP @PayPal_Frank @PayPal_Olivia  @PayPal_Adrian  @PayPal_Sam @PayPal_BJ

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

From what I read, it would be quite expected that you would loose the dispute.  You sell virtual items and you can't provide proof of delivery; therefore, you have no seller protecton.

The value of your dispute compared to your total value of sales is excessively high.  This sets you appart as a high risk PayPal member and your relationship with PayPal has ended.  PayPal can and will close accounts without warning when the member becomes high risk; it's a way of immediately preventing the member from putting more of PayPal's business at risk.

Login to Me Too

rangastra
Contributor
Contributor

Oh i can definately provide proof , in fact i already have . Even when i requested payment in paypal i mentioned that this is for the sale of my website in notes . I have godaddy emails showing transfer of domain , Google emails showing transfer of android app , Chat logs supporting my case. So , no  doubt if someone reads the case i will surely win the dispute .

But , what my problem is my account's limitation was removed on 16th december then suddenly the account was closed on 17th december . So , do you not  find it odd , one paypal team removes limitation ? The other closes the account ?

And , additionally , about being high risk . Paypal should decide to close my account after dispute has ended no ? Because it wont be fair to me just to loose my account due to a sudden fradulent buyer .

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

to win a dispute,youmust prove you have delivered the item ,using online viewable tracking information showing it has been delivered to the buyer physical address.

you dont have any,so you will lose. 

as long as you keep selling digital/virtual goods,there is no Paypla seller protection so you will keep losing,thats why Paypal does not want your business,find another way to accept payment

Login to Me Too

rangastra
Contributor
Contributor

Oh i have concrete evidence that he has recieved the product , even his emails confirming it .

But this post is not about that , its about my account getting closed . Who can i contact about it ? 

Regards

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

as long as you keep selling digital/virtual goods,there is no Paypla seller protection so you will keep losing,thats why Paypal does not want your business,find another way to accept payment

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@rangastra wrote:

Oh i have concrete evidence that he has recieved the product , even his emails confirming it .

But this post is not about that , its about my account getting closed . Who can i contact about it ? 

Regards

The only evidence Paypal wants to see is online viewable tracking showing it has been delivered to the buyer address from a commercial carrier,

emails,videos,letters ,photos do not count/

Login to Me Too

Folakeade
Contributor
Contributor
You guys are retarded, it has nothing to do with trackable information. I have provided the same , never had a dispute with any of my buyer and Paypal indefinitely closed my account within one day of review. So don't tell me it's because they couldn't prove the physical evidence of buyer receiving their purchase. Paypal are a bunch of scums that ruin people's business with their unethical user policy, give the buyer a ton of protection while not giving the seller much. We would have to wait 180 days to receive notice of our payment while our buyer can have a free day with our products. Highly unfair something needs to give.
Login to Me Too

StevieStrong
Contributor
Contributor
After answering all their questions, sending proof of identity they closed my account too. I'm not a business, I sold a few things on eBay and I bought a lot off eBay. Bought being past tense. A guy from work was using them to pay me for a loan, not anymore. I'm guessing that was my suspicious activity, but who knows, they couldn't give me any real reason. My 180 days started last week. Maybe I'll get my almost $3k they have of mine. I bet they are earning interest off my money too while I'm loosing money because of this... Hopefully more people will wise up and see what these crooks are doing to honest people.
Login to Me Too

Fortsucc
My account was closed because I received money from a family. The customer representative said I am high risk for paypal. Oh really!! High risk for receiving money from a friend. I didn’t receive thousands of dollar or a million dollar. He said, he can’t give me the reason why my account was closed. Paypal is a just a crook. I don’t know is a crime for family to help you when you’re in need. They senders account was also close. Don’t know the reason why the account was they refused to let me the reason why and the money was held for 180 days. I hope there will be another financial company like paypal.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.