Account Limitation!!!

Folakeade
Contributor
Contributor

Reference # PP-005-807-817-346

Email from <removed>

Request for additional information : May 12, 2017 at 6:40 am

Paypal Appeal Denied: May 12, 2017 at 8:36 am

Sounds like a reoccurring issue with everyone, I also had an account verification process with PayPal during that two day window I was asked to provide Paypal with ID, SSN, and Bank Statement. Which I gladly provided, I call in the next day to get my case expedited so I can return the funds that were sent back from my bank account so I can do the etc. like buy shipping labels. Everytime I receive my payment I wait the required 3 days until buyer actually receives his item to transfer money which is also required. No problem. As soon as my 3 day waiting period is up I transfer my funds (because it's my money and I want it now!) I do this process usually from every sale and recently I've been selling a higher volume of items. And Paypal said because of the increase in amount I've been selling my account was deemed to be high risk. So they asked to provided with proof of deliverly (which I already have in my paypal account) proof of item authenticity which I also provided. But it became a huge ordeal, when I was talking to one of their representatives, a manager named Mark, he disrespected me saying that if I have bills to pay and need pay for my children's school funds that I need to take out a loan. A LOAN. when I heard this I almost went insane I am already up to my neck in debt from my own school fees and not to mention I am a single mom trying to provide for her children, they didn't seem to get that concept. When they asked me for my ID the representative said she couldn't verify it and it wasn't popping up in her system, and I provided good clear pictures. Still if that's the case there should definitely be another way to provide them with documents. When I provided my bank statement it was straight from my bank website so my name and everything would be available for them to cross check. So I knew something fishy was happening at this place of business when over and over and over again I would see members complain about how they never did anything wrong but still get their account closed. Up till now they claim to be holding my funds 180 days. I've been a member of Ebay since 2001! And I just opened my paypal account last year. So they cannot say that I am a new buyer or this and that. If anyone has gotten an issue similar to mine resolved please let me know! Or if we need to get a class action lawsuit going let's get a Paypal petition running. Thanks! Much love to everyone and God bless

Update: May 12, 2017 - Email sent from <removed> - 

Hello Folake Adegboye, Recently, PayPal notified you of a complaint received from a user regarding merchandise not received or received not-as-described. The details of this transaction are as follows: Transaction Date: May 11, 2017 Transaction Amount: $900.00 USD Buyer's Email: ...... Buyer's Name: <removed> Per your request, and under the guidelines of the Buyer Complaint Policy, we have deducted the amount of the transaction from your PayPal account. Thank you for your cooperation with our investigation. Thanks, PayPal Protection Services Department Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Copyright © 1999-2017 PayPal. All rights reserved. PPID PP133 - 8c7b685059204

Called in because I never had a buyer complaint. The representative told me the email was sent out of error that in fact I did not have any buyer complaints and they would send me an email in 48 hours restating the email. 

Update: May 14, 2017 I call in as to why I haven't recieved my email , and my account is still being locked. One of the representatives tell me the reason for the limitation because somebody elses account is being linked to my account. must be my husbands old account. the account in fact has different social security numbers, IDs and bank accounts. And the account had been closed last year and all disputes were resolved. so I sent a email to appeals at paypal.com about the issue yet no response uptil now! SOMEONE HELP! PAYPAL IS IN THE WRONG! 

Update: May 16, 2017 still have yet to recieve anything from paypal. And I am getting very mad my business is going DOWN! someone help me I think I am being targeted by paypal!!!

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You said yu have been with Ebay since 2001,and you just open your Paypal account,so may I ask how did you receive Ebay payments since 2001 to 2017?

You said you are a single mother and then you said it could be your husband account Paypal thinks your account is linked t o or related to?so what is your marital status?

a $900 dispute has been filed with Paypal,somehow Paypal thinks you are involved,Paypal is very strict now ,if you were using your husband or ex husband account t o accept payments in the past,your new account and the old account are marked as related.

what happens to the old account would affect your new account.

if yur account is restricted,after 180 days,Paypal will askyou how you want to receive the fund in your account

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

apply for a merchant account,there are 3 gateways which work with Ebay,check them out.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@Whac-A-Mole

You took a lot more time to read the OP than I did.  Thanks.  You somehow managed to separate the wheat from the chaff. 

It appears that the OP has multiple issues to resolve.

With some help from the OP, we might figure out the real problem now.

Login to Me Too

Folakeade
Contributor
Contributor

There was no dispute the $900 dollar refud that I forciful had to give up was because of PayPal's nonchalance in evaluating my account the right way. Package supposed to go out the day of request for information than as you can read my denial came 2 hours after NO review. So I refunded my buyer upon the denial.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

so the $900 dispute is with you,not your husband?

Paypal is paronid these days,2020 ITS COntract ends with Ebay,so it is expanding new markets and new products in many countries,risk is high.reward?? could be years away.

disputes whether you resolved or not resolved is one strike against you,some buyers file too many disputes,they get restricted as well,not just sellers.

Login to Me Too

Folakeade
Contributor
Contributor

let me reconfirm. He is my EX husband. Also again, I never had any disputes. My PayPal account was 100% meaning, bank account, credit card  and all updated info requirements met. I called PayPal to see what the case maybe... they said no one had filed any disputes towards me and I need not wory the e-mail was sent in error. They also said they would resend me another email clearing up the previous email. 

Login to Me Too

Folakeade
Contributor
Contributor

Folakeade
Contributor
Contributor

Currently have a balance of $810. Awaiting reply from PayPal for next steps...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.