Accepting payment without being verify and using a bank account

johnmunchxx
New Community Member

I sent a invoice for payment to a person that bought something.  I received the payment and it tells me to accept I need to verify my bank account, I already have my credit card link to this and don't want to use my bank account option.  Can I still accept payment if I denied payment the only other option that is available?  Or should I denied payment and have the other person do a SEND MONEY request to me without me sending out this invoice for payment?  How can I accept the payment.  Please can you help?  Thanks.  Cynthia

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Quandary
Advisor
Advisor

You can accept the payment but, don't expect to get it right away as PayPal can hold the funds for up to 21 days.  How you choose to setup your account is up to you but, unless it's "verified", you will have limits for both sending, receiving and a monthy withdraw limit.  Without a bank account linked and confirmed, your option for withdrawing funds is requesting a paper check, there's a fee ($1.50), it must be mailed to a physical street address (no PO Box) and it can take up to 2 weeks to get it.   As for your thought of reversing the method to get the money - makes no difference as it does not change anything.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.