Accepting Credit Card Payments Through PayPal

leesbeads
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

My ebay listings state PayPal only. A buyer paid with a credit card and it went through. The payment is showing in my PayPal account. I did not think this was possible as I never set up anything to accept credit cards. Is this an automatic feature with PayPal? 

Still learning. 

Best,

Lee B. 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

when you sign up with Paypal,you can link your bank account and credit card with it.

how did you find out she paid with her cc?

there is no way to know unless she tells you .

Login to Me Too

az37
Contributor
Contributor

It does show up in the PayPal summary as a fee to the seller (2.9%+$.30) for accepting a credit card.  What I am trying to find out is how to block credit card purchases or at least have the buyer pay the fees.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You, the seller, pay the fee even when the buyer pays with PayPal funds.  The only way to eliminate the fee is to not sell.

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

for someone who has no paypal account,she can use paypal and pay with credit card,but she gets no buyer protection,

PAYPAL updates effective March has stated so.

as a seller , as long as you accept payment from someone using PAYPAL,you pay Paypal a fee domestic transaction 30 cents plus 2.9 % discount rate,this is how Paypal pays it bills.

if you dont like Paypal,you can apply for a merchant account with your local bank,make sure it uses one of the 3 gateways accepted by Ebay  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.