About dispute and escalation

Grere
Contributor
Contributor
I recently purchased an item on ebay, the shipment was said to be 7-11 business days but it nevere arrived. So I filed a dispute and the seller didn't respond, so I escalated my claim. I waited 2 days, and I decided to change the reason for the claim, but the problem is I still haven't received the item I purchased. The stays of the claim became " item return" which means they will only issue a full refund if I return the item. What should I do? I have not received my item yet, u thought that if I change the reason for the claim, it would be resolved. Please help...
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Grere
Contributor
Contributor
About dispute and escalation I recently purchased an item on ebay, the shipment was said to be 7-11 business days but it never arrived. So I filed a dispute and the seller didn't respond, so I escalated my claim. I waited 2 days, and decided to change the reason for the claim, but the problem is I still haven't received the item I purchased. The status of the claim became " item return" which means they will only issue a full refund if I return the item. What should I do? I have not received my item yet, I thought that if I change the reason for the claim, it would be resolved. Please help...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.