About Automatic deposits into my bank account

lillywhitep
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,  I sell on a lot of venues and small amounts of money pour in and out of my paypal account.  

Paypal makes deposits and pulls from my bank account so quickly that it's getting confusing. I'd like the incoming money to stay in my account until I decide to deposit it.

Is there a way to stop automatic deposits into my bank account.  I'd like to decide when to deposit my balance?

thank you,

Deb

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

I did not even know that was something that happened. I have had a merchant account with Paypal for 9 years and have always had to initiate transfers to my bank account.

I just went looking through my account options and cannot even find an option to set up automatic sweeps.

If I run my account down to nothing and then need to spend something they will automatically move money from my bank account to cover, but there is no automatic movement of money to my bank.

You must be confused, or under some program not generally available.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Log on first, then follow this url: 

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/summary.view

Click My Money on the left if you are not already there.

On the right, look for PayPal Balance, and on the right side click the dropdown menu to select Auto Sweep.

Select No to disable Auto Sweep.

Click Save.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

madkiwi
Contributor
Contributor

in My Money there is no drop down menu as you describe, no way to select any "auto sweep".

I have some informational things- my linked bank account, credit cards, Paypal balance etc. "More Financial Settings" below that is about monthly statements and merchant fees.

I swear Paypal has a bunch of interfaces based on some settings that are individualized for various reasons. This isn't the first time someone has told me about something that I could not find.

On the plus side for me, my money transfers from my Paypal account to my checking overnight. I know most merchants don't get that service.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

My PayPal Balance only offers currencies, nothing more for dropdown.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.