7-digit limit problem in business name

Sylviane5252
Contributor
Contributor

I'm from Quebec, Canada, and most of our legal company names have 8 digits, in the format xxxx-xxxx Quebec Inc. For some unkown reason, Paypal limits the number of digits in a name to 7. Same for the name that appears on the clients' credit card.  

That means I can't use my full legal name in my Paypal account, so i cannot link my bank account to the Paypal account, as the name is not the same.

I've called Paypal many times about this, they tell me to check this with the bank, as the bank is the one that refuses the transfer. I called the bank, who said they cannot change my legal name, and that Paypal needs to resolve this issue on their part so the name matches.

I am very disappointed wiht both services, and hope this will be resolved soon, as I will have to use another online payment method soon,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Can you open a new account and shorten your legal name by one digit? 

Login to Me Too

Sylviane5252
Contributor
Contributor

The oficiial legal name in Quebec MUST have this format (8 digits with Quebec Inc. at the end) 

You can have commercial names attached to it, but the bank will use the legal one if you have it, and there is no way of shortening it (and if i shorten it in Paypal, transfers are not accepted at the bank, since it is not the same name...)

so hard to find a solution.... 😕

Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

well,then you have to use another payment processor.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.