21 Day Hold With Selling Digital Content

Skyptic
Contributor
Contributor

Ok I understand that Paypal is worried about people not receiving the package from the sellar. But I am selling digital content. I pay for a server host and how could I remove the wait time? They get what they buy instantly. Is there a way to remove it. This would hurt my company because: "If my partner or I cannot pay for the server and are waiting for the purchases to come through. But wait the server has expired the business is now gone" <-- That is what I am afraid may happen. Thanks!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

are you  a new seller?

call Paypal

Login to Me Too

Skyptic
Contributor
Contributor

I am a new sellar

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

The answer is no.  But there are things you can do to possibly speed up the release time.  Mark payment transaction as Processed when service/goods are provided and the buyer also marks the transaction as Item Received.  Please note that selling digital goods is generally not covered by seller protection so is high risk business model.  If this will hurt your business then perhaps PayPal is not the right solution for you.

Don't put your business at risk and buy your server first or stock first so that it won't expire, then start selling it.  Sounds like a strange business to me.  Are you selling server space?  

Good luck.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.