20017 TAX FORM 1099-K

ALPY20030
Contributor
Contributor

I received a PayPal form 1099-k  to be claimed to IRS , but I cannot find information on my PayPal account referring my 2017 tax doc.

where that income that I have to claim to IRS come from?

I do not do business but I sell goods from time in time. 

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Angelo.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It typically doesn't happen until you get to a particular level of sales. How much did you sell in the previous years? It's possible you actually did get a 1099 in those years and simply didn't realize it. Or maybe your sales were for a very low amount, like < $600 for the year..??

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Any payments that you receive to PayPal are technically taxable income. You could then have some expenses that offset the income to come up with a final taxable net profit. That would be up to you to have good records of all of that for tax prep purposes.

Login to Me Too

ALPY20030
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your kindly reply, but what surprised me , is that this year was the first time I received a paypal tax form .

I was on Paypal since 2001 and I have sold goods in the past, but never had a form to submit to IRS.

Woul  like to know why. Regards

Login to Me Too
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
It typically doesn't happen until you get to a particular level of sales. How much did you sell in the previous years? It's possible you actually did get a 1099 in those years and simply didn't realize it. Or maybe your sales were for a very low amount, like < $600 for the year..??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.