two online businesses, same paypal account?

CC1021
New Community Member

I have two online buisness.  Can I have payments from both going into the same account?  These businesses are on Etsy.com. Call them Business 1 and Business 2.    I also will soon start selling from Business 1 on eBay; so that will be a third location that payments are coming from.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes. All 3 will work with one account.   Hopefully you already have a Premier or Business Account.  A Business would be your best choice as it allows you to display a business company or group name.  Premier accounts will only display your email address or account ID.

Login to Me Too

skwillis

You can use the same account for multiple businesses, as long as you are okay with the customers from all businesses seeing the same processing name. For instance, I use a parent company that all of my companies fall under, so no matter which company they buy from, the transaction shows as the parent company. Some others use their actual name as their processing name to address this issue. It's all in how you set it up.

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

With multiple businesses and one account, it's important that your business name works for all.  For example, if you sold soap from one site and shoes from another, you would want a neutral business name.  Another tip, you can have a different graphic header for each site, that way the customers know they are on the soap site or shoe site.  You would need include the "cpp_header_image" variable in your item button code.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.