trusing pay pal

rm102691
New Community Member

i just got an offer for a ring i'm selling and the buyer is giving me an xtra $40 for shipping costs....how do i know this person's money is not fake.  he sent me an email with his paypal payment....someone please advise this is my first time doing this..he claims he is working business out of the country and is buying merchandise unseen....do i bother trusting this and when do i actually get to see the money he's paying me ???  how does this whole procedure work??

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Firstly if he wants it posting to Nigeria its a scam.

Then read this >>>

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Most scams originate from Nigeria and people there cannot even own a paypal account.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

rm102691
New Community Member

thank you so much....that was a big help..some.people really are idiots !!!!!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.