troubleshoot emv chip reader connectivity

JenniP
Contributor
Contributor

I am having trouble keeping my chip reader connected to my ipad for in store use. It seems to sponteously disconnect, and reconnection is sporadically successful During my last sale, the ipad screen froze with the message "connecting to paypal 703" and I had to close out paypalhere, reopen it and re-enter sale with my swiper connected instead. The reader is usless if it isn't ready when a customer wants to check out. 

any hot tips to make reliable? 

I can't believe I actually paid for this pleasure. 

I am trying to be responsible but this is a pain in the ***.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

inolepehc
Contributor
Contributor

it disconnects (stand by) to save power.  what you describe with your tablet, it sounds more like a problem with the ipad itself other than the reader.  do you use that ipad exclusively for your business and for business use?  how old is it?

Login to Me Too

Beapers
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same problem with my chip reader. I used it with my android phone last week and it was working/syncing 80% of the time. Now I'm at another show and it's connected only 50% of the time. I'm losing patience....I don't have time to login, log out, restart, open and close the app etc. It's definitely not my phone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.