the resolution center

supermanwanted
Contributor
Contributor

I have been in business for over 12 years now.  In the last 4 years, I've used PayPal.  All my business is online and by credit  cards.  I have a credit card processing machine on my desk at my office.  I thought it was great when PayPal came out with a virtual credit card processor so we won't miss any sales.  I applied and was denied! So in recent customer oders for the last 6 months, I've simply taken their orders, gone to my website and placed their orders for them rather than going to my office to use an acutal credit card machine that processes in 2 days and puts the monies in my physical bank here in town .  NOW 3 claims have been made by PayPal to review the last 3 orders I put in and holding almost $300 from my account with PayPal.  What gives?  I would think PayPal would want all my business and having been a customer for several years would allow me to use the virtual credit card machine.  After explaining the same to them, they are STILL reviewing the 3 orders that not only contain my customers name and address, but also their phone number.  I've also asked them to contact my customers to verify that they did in fact call me for such orders. HELP!!!!!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately, processing the orders in that manor sets off red flags.  Not sure why you would been denied Virtual Terminal.  Have you tried applying for PayPal Here as it's available for Business Accounts?

One of the things PayPal looks at are IP addresses, because you were entering sales from your system, the same IP address is showing different credit cards which sets off warnings.   If using VT or PayPal Here, most likely, there would have been no issues.  You would pay a higher rate for card not present transactions, but that's the norm with most credit card processors, i.e. Square, Intutit, etc. 

Login to Me Too

supermanwanted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, that too is great (paypal here), but I'm talking to customers on the phone so they can't sign and I can't swipe.  Really need the virtual terminal on computer. Calling them about why I was denied-that's not cool either having an account all these years and denied VT when I have one from a bank for the past 12 years-what gives?

Hope they release funds back to me soon

Login to Me Too

supermanwanted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes and thanks, I figured that out...PayPal Here?  Is that on our PayPal account page?

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Yes, you should see a link from within your account, there's an ad about Free Card Reader.  At least, that's what I see.

Another option, have you looked into Square, we use it for phone orders, works great and deposits go directly to our bank. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.