sketchy buyer

Goji
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys! So just about 10 minutes ago I sold my kobe 11 fade to blacks for $787 shipped but the buyer is very sus. I saw that she had already two posts of the kobe 11 fade to blacks in a size 10 and size 11 for sale so I asked one of the sellers to which she bought the shoe from if the payment went through with no chargeback / issues. He said that it was very sketchy but the payment went through and there hasn't been a chargeback. I then ask the buyer herself as to why she has two of the same shoes for sale and is now proceeding to buy her third. She replies that those two pairs were for her friends and that they now want their money back so they're telling her to sell it. This whole thing is very suspicious, should I go through with it or just wait for another customer? Thank you! Have a nice night.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Selling a pair of shoes for almost $800--extremely high risk of chargeback.

You shipped already?  Wow!

Where are you and were is buyer?

On what site did you sell?

Did PayPal indicate OK to ship?

Buyer could easly claim the item is fake and win a dispute.

Login to Me Too

Goji
Contributor
Contributor

I didnt ship yet.

If you mean location wise, I'm in Maryland and shes in California.

I sold via Ebay.

Paypal does currently say its ok to ship.

Login to Me Too

Goji
Contributor
Contributor

im guessing you're advising me to cancel the order and wait for another customer?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I had to take a break for night time sleep.

No, not suggresting cancel, just extreme caution; I see the product as the main risk, not the buyer.

Your commentaries about the buyer were interesting and you could probably look for issues with every buyer and find a reason to not ship.

Just look at the details:  Is the buyer verified on PayPal?  What is the geographic location of the buyer?  What type of postal delivery box does the buyer have?  Is it an appartment complex?  Is the street safe for delivery?

Are you going to ship signature required by addressee?

As for the product, am I right that it is just an exhorbitantly priced pair of shoes?  If so, THAT is the highest risk, not the buyer.  The buyer, whoever it is, has 180 days to claim a problem.  My guess as there would be many reasons for a claim with such a product.  Make sure you follow all of PayPal seller protection prolicies exactly.  The one problem,however, is that you will never have absolute proof that your product is not fake brand.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.