seller receives payment and doesnot recognize

nikolaum
Contributor
Contributor

I recieved a payment and have no clue: I sold nothing; following the PP resolution pages... the transaction ID is not recognized either; what is going on?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nikolaum

Are you sure it was not a spoof email trying to get you to click on a link and hijacking your log in info??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

nikolaum
Contributor
Contributor

I did not click on the email at all; I went to the PP site directly; it must be a spoof because the PP transaction (copied, pasted) ID does not work?  

yes, there has been a deopsit, fairly large (hundreds $$);

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nikolaum

The point i was trying to make was is there a link in the email, because if so then its highly likely that its a spoof and they are trying to get you to click the link to hijack your log in info.

If there is not a link then that would not apply.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nikolaum
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Kern  being careful, I did not open the email; therefore I do not know if there is a link;

I went straight to my PP account; and there was the deposit; money for something I did not sell ;

Since the deposit arrived 48 hurs ago, I have NOT contacted either the buyer, or PP; xc for themessages here at PP CHF

Getting unrecognized payments is new for me; I want to be careful, as you intimate one should with the spoof bizz

Nikolaum

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nikolaum

OK you said you had received an email to say you had been sent money but i don't think you actually said the funds were showing in your paypal account balance (or i just mis-read it).

If the funds are actually in there then odds are someone has made a typo when sending a payment but the typo actually turns out as your paypal account. So i would email the person that sent the funds and see if that is what has happened in which case you can refund the money.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nikolaum
Contributor
Contributor

I did not open the email ( I was scared / cautious / conservative) announcing payment

My PP account does have the money;

So far no one has contacted me re WHERE is my order.. or even a confrimation; it has been 4 days

The money is NOT mine; I am waiting to return it to the payer, and soon

I wrote here for support!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nikolaum

I wrote here for support!

Thought that was what i had been doing for you?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

nikolaum
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely! and thx

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@nikolaum

Why not contact paypal customer services and seek their advice, they can reach out to the sender for you to ascertain what has happened???

>>

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.