"The transaction ID in your link is invalid."

gpaaib
Contributor
Contributor

My Ebay auction says that payment has been made, but when I click the link to check it out on Paypal I get a "The transaction ID in your link is invalid.". It lets me login but no transaction is displayed.

So what's up?

Thanks,

Gary

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Couple of possible reasons:

* Have you recently changed your PayPal Password?  If yes, go to your ebay account, unlink your paypal then re link it. Once you do it asks for paypal email and paypal password.

* Check your email addresses both in eBay and PayPal, make sure they match.  You could have an old address listed and the payment was sent to that old address.

Login to Me Too

gpaaib
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, I tried that but with no luck.

In Ebay I’m clicking on ”View Paypal transaction” to the right of an item I was selling, now ended. Ebay says payment completed but as soon as I click on ”View Paypal transaction” I go to a Paypal login page there is a yellow exclamation point in a yellow triangle, next to it reads “The transaction ID in your link is invalid.”. I an allowed to login to Paypal but then there is no activities. I’ve been an Ebay member since July of 2000 and have never experienced this before.

Login to Me Too

emmie73
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the exact problem you are getting, very fustrating!

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

If the buyer has paid using PayPal and the payment is not shown on your PayPal account history page, the payment may have been sent to an email address which is not linked to your PayPal account.

The most likely reasons for this are... you may have misspelled your PayPal email address in the payments section of your eBay listing, or... you may have used an old email address, or... you may need to confirm your email address.

To check which PayPal email address was used in the eBay listing, click on the "Sell similar" link for that item and look in the payments section.  If you have access to that email address, login to your PayPal account and "Add" the email address to your account. The payment will show up right after you confirm the email address.

If you do not have access to that email address, you will need to ask the buyer to cancel the payment and resend the payment to your correct email address.  Send the buyer a PayPal invoice, using the "Request Money" tab from your PayPal account, to make it easier for the buyer to pay.

To check whether the email address needs to be confirmed, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and select the "Update" link in the "Email" section of the personal information page.  If the email address is not confirmed, click on the "Confirm" button to initiate the confirmation process.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

gpaaib
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you. It was just a matter of email confirmation. I had recently changed it on Ebay,

Login to Me Too

davidberns
New Community Member

thank you sandy!  same error message for me and resolved easily with your explanation

@sandypurins wrote:

If the buyer has paid using PayPal and the payment is not shown on your PayPal account history page, the payment may have been sent to an email address which is not linked to your PayPal account.

The most likely reasons for this are... you may have misspelled your PayPal email address in the payments section of your eBay listing, or... you may have used an old email address, or... you may need to confirm your email address.

To check which PayPal email address was used in the eBay listing, click on the "Sell similar" link for that item and look in the payments section.  If you have access to that email address, login to your PayPal account and "Add" the email address to your account. The payment will show up right after you confirm the email address.

If you do not have access to that email address, you will need to ask the buyer to cancel the payment and resend the payment to your correct email address.  Send the buyer a PayPal invoice, using the "Request Money" tab from your PayPal account, to make it easier for the buyer to pay.

To check whether the email address needs to be confirmed, login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile" tab and select the "Update" link in the "Email" section of the personal information page.  If the email address is not confirmed, click on the "Confirm" button to initiate the confirmation process.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

angelala74
New Community Member

I had the same problem and I contacted paypal.  I posted a few listings from my phone and accidentally typed in the wrong email address, however the listings I make from my computer has the correct email address.  Paypal made me add the wrong email address to my current account that the payments were made to and I immediately received the payment.  However, I think the lady on the phone had to confirm my address, not sure if you can do it yourself, hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.