notify_url not working on live site.

UncleMarvo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've seen this question raised before here (https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Payments/IPN-with-notify-url-variable-works-in-Sandbox-but... but I haven't seen an answer other than open a ticket?

I created a button using payapl's online button creator and supplied the notify_url in the button and paypal_ipn is switched on in my account.  I run the ipn test in payapl developer and it returns successfully, I run it from my live site (using the same notify_url) and I get a 500 error in the ipn history.  Is there any information on troubleshooting the ipn process?  I've checked the logs on the live server and nothing jumps out as a problem.  Any adive would be great, I need this sorted.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Changing
Contributor
Contributor

Is it a script you created yourself or that you grabbed from the sample code on Developer.PayPal.com? If PayPal is getting a 500 response back it means that your script is generating an internal error.

What logs did you check?

Login to Me Too

Zardiw
Contributor
Contributor

Each button also has a place to put the script url in it.......which overrides the site notify url......fwiw

z

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.