is there any problem if login Ip not from USA.?

cpafull
New Community Member

Hi there,

I have a paypal business account.
we are internet global company, we have employee in Hongkong, China, and USA.
sometime my employee or me will login paypal account from outside USA, such as China, HK, Thailand, that's not US IP.
I think maybe it's a big problem : maybe paypal will limit our account due to the login Ip not from USA.
so I write this msg here, all I want to make sure that is it safe if our employee or me login paypal account , send or withdraw money from China or somewhere else.
or if you can do something in advance to avoid my account limited only because the login ip from outside USA.
please reply me asap. tell me what can I do?. thank you very much.

Regards

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately there's no guarantees, if PayPal's automated system security checks think the activity appears suspicious, they will lock your account.  You may need to do more research by contacting customer support or if you have a business manager assigned to your account.

Login to Me Too

sandypurins
Advisor
Advisor

There is a travel plans section in your PayPal account profile.  This is where you can inform PayPal that you may be accessing your PayPal account from other countries.

Login to your PayPal account, click on the "Profile - My Settings" tab and select the "Get started" link in the "Travel Plans" section of the page.

~Sandy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.