eBay Nigeria scam

Rmil6617
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all 

I have sold my iPad on eBay the buyer has not paid for it. This has been going on for a couple of days they are sending me email saying they are going to make payment. The eBay account has an address in London and zero feedback. The first email I got said they are away on business and will make payment today. So I get an email today saying they have made payment via PayPal . It had a PayPal email receipt attached to it that looks very genuine they have included an extra  hundred pounds and want me to send it to Nigeria also a note on the email that states the transaction will show as pending on PayPal until I send about tracking number. 

I believe this is a scam has anyone else experienced the same thing ?. 

Login to Me Too
179 REPLIES 179

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Hello make sure you contact the postmaster again and let him know you really want it so that the items will not be destroyed.

Demand for standard priority shipping with it you get tracking number of your item being returned. Make use of FedEx for the shipping and ask them for the tracking number.

Login to Me Too

ryexxe
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your mail,I finally got my package back after few weeks of endless effort. I mail the postmaster as you have said and they advice me on so many thing to do ,finaly after making the return shipping fee of $120 i got my packaged back just two days ago.

Thanks szuriich for your mail.

Ryexxe

Login to Me Too

JayB7
Contributor
Contributor

It's nigh on impossible that Ryexxe (a.k.a. szuriich) received their item back after emailing a Postmaster at a YAHOO email address...particularly when the email address of the postal service in Nigeria ends with .GOV.NG 

As for PAYING $120...just another scammer trying to scam others that have already been fleeced/taken advantage of. Shame on you!!

Login to Me Too

JayB7
Contributor
Contributor

Hayzwhite0011

Hi, I just stumbled across this community (and your posts) not long ago.

Please tell me you did NOT email a request to the Nigerian Postmaster via a yahoo email address, as you (and a number of others) were advised to do by someone else posting in this forum?

There's no easy way to say this...that poster was more than likely (about 99%) another 'scammer' trying to PROFIT further from you.

Nigeria Post is a government owned organisation. Government organisations DO NOT use yahoo email addresses, or gmail email addresses...or any other 'free' email service.

Realistically...there's over 170 million people in Nigeria. How many mail items do you think will be moving into the country every day? What's the chance an individual mail room worker (watching the hundreds of millions of postal items travel along a conveyor system)..is going to 'pick' your specific parcel out to return to you? Answer: It's not going to happen.

Once you realise you have been 'scammed' your best approach is to NOT provide other potential scammers with information. Dont email them, don't call them, don't give any of your personal details such as phone, email, paypal details, bank details...and definitely DON'T pay them!

Login to Me Too

Hayzwhite0011
Contributor
Contributor
Did your friend have to pay alot to get it returned? They are asking me to transfer for fees and wont provide proof that they have my parcel. Now they are mad at me and wont help me anymore. It all feels like part of the scam still
Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Hello dear,you need make little payment for the item to be sent back to you in your country.

I actully sent them little payment for the shipping of the item back to your address,mind you you send payment to the postmaster in Nigeria.

Login to Me Too

szuriich
Contributor
Contributor

Write back and make arrangement for the returned shipping. My friend got back her item asap after she make the payment....you can call him here if you wish to speak with him. 336-441-4803

Login to Me Too

JayB7
Contributor
Contributor

The reason "it all feels like part of the scam still"

That's because a 'new' scammer is trying to scam you.  Pleasse be a little more careful.

Login to Me Too

ryexxe
Contributor
Contributor

Finally I got my package back from the Nigeria postmaster,thanks to SZURIICH.

He gave me the right information and I followed it and got back my item from nigeria, very easy and convenient.

Its simple and really work for me perfect fly.  Thanks to SZURIICH POST.

Login to Me Too

JayB7
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Ryexxe (or do you prefer SZURIICH?)

You and I both know that emailing a 'fake' Postmaster at a YAHOO email address is NOT going to get anyone's parcel returned no matter how much they pay...because the email address of the postal service in Nigeria ends with .GOV.NG not YAHOO

As a 419 investigator I'm curious...why ask for dollars? Why not NDN? Afterall, it would save that pesky currency conversion process...just a thought. 😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.