WooCommerce and Paypal for WooCommerce Plugin

localsaver
New Community Member

I'm trying to choose a WP plugin so that i can received credit cards from paypal & non-paypal customers.  

I already have Paypal Here setup on my Ipad, and I have a Business/Merchant account with Paypal currently.  

I'd like to set up Paypal to work on my website.  I'm not sure which would be the best plugin to use.  I'm looking at the Paypal for WooCommerce plugin right now.  It asks about what version of PayPal Pro (2.0 or 3.0) that I have. Not sure about that info, and if this is the best plug-in to use.  Need something simple, because I'm newbie at the WP programming, etc.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Most likely you're using Payment's Standard - if you were using Pro, you would know as it costs $30 a month plus the standard transaction processing fees.   As far as setting up a cart with WordPress, you may want to check with the WP community as for recommendations.   WordPress does not play well with the standard PayPal item button code.  How ever, you can use the email or hyperlink versions of the code should you not find a suitable plug-in.  See this info:

http://en.support.wordpress.com/paypal/

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Were you able to get this all worked out?  I am the developer of PayPal for WooCommerce, so I can answer any questions you might have specific to that.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

LashMoi
Contributor
Contributor

Hello.  While setting up my PayPal Advanced account on my woocommerce website, I received an error while attempting to test the payment process.  Error: "There was an error processing your order - User authentication failed” After looking online, I realized I may need a PayPal Manager login.  Is my current account not compatible with PayPal Manager?  In addition, if it is not compatible how difficult is it to authorize my account to work with PayPal Manager?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

Yeah, you would need to make sure your account has been approved for Payments Advanced and that it is active on your account.  They would indeed set you up with a PayPal Manager and that's where you set all of the options for the checkout pages.

Login to Me Too

LashMoi
Contributor
Contributor

Where do I confirm if Payments Advanced is Active?  Can I confirm that online or do I need to contact PaPal's Customer Service?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

You should be able to see that in your PayPal Manager account.  When you first log in the overview page has a little box in the right side where it shows you the current status of the account and shows what products are Live or in Test mode.

Login to Me Too

LashMoi
Contributor
Contributor

I see.  Thanks for the assistance.  I have to contact PayPal because I do not have a PayPal Manager account.  I must have made an error while setting up PayPal Advanced.

Login to Me Too

ms337
Contributor
Contributor

@angelleye  Using WooCommerce, is there a way to accept payment for goods from a customber, but not actually charge their card/account until a later date (like up to 30 days later)?

Login to Me Too

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

@ms337 You're talking about Authorization and Capture.  My plugin, PayPal for WooCommerce, doesn't yet support this, but will in one of my next updates before too long.  I'm not sure if WooThemes provides any Auth and Capture extensions but that's the first place I'd look (until I get mine done, of course.)

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.