Why do I need a new account if I want to signup for PayPal Advanced?

jonnyohio
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a business account for a number of years now and have been using it quite a lot.  I emailed support because I tried to signup for PayPal Advanced within my account but it doesn't let me.  A message comes up saying I was already approved, but there is nothing in my account that allows me to set it up, and my account says it's PayPal Standard still.

I emailed support about this and received a response that I must open a new PayPal account.  Why on earth do I have to open a new account to signup for a feature I want?  Shouldn't I just be able to upgrade my existing account?

Thanks,

Jon

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi jonnyohio,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  In some situations, a new account would need to be opened to use PayPal Payments Advanced. 

I recommend contacting our Business Support by phone for more information.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

jonnyohio
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I forgot to update this!

I called PayPal support and spoke with someone who was very helpful.  I explained this to them and asked them this question.  Upon further investigation it turns out that way back I signed up for PayPal Pro and then decided to opt out of it after the free trial was over, because I didn't really need it then.  Well, for some reason my account was a little messed up and I had no access to turn it back on if I wanted to.

He also told me that since I was on PayPal Pro and approved already I couldn't set my account up for PayPal Advanced, and that's why I needed to setup a new account if I wanted to do that.  I decided just to go with the pro since I can do a lot more with that.

Anyway, my account was fixed and now I have PayPal pro working on my website, which is so much more professional, and now I can bill my clients and take credit cards without anyone going to PayPal's website.  So thanks PayPal!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

jonnyohio,

That's great news! 😄

Thanks for letting us know how everything turned out.

We appreciate your business!

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.