Where do you find routing number and checking number for Paypal?

wendycc744
New Community Member

I am setting up an ETSY shop and I want to use my Paypal for payment and to recieve payment but I need my routing number and checking account number for it.  How do I get it?  Any information would be helpful, thank you

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

Denise4
New Community Member

I was asking the same question and reading the posts waiting for someone to answer that particular question. Finally, Paypal you got on and gave us the information. I, too, am on Etsy. Thank you.

Login to Me Too

JamesPenley
New Community Member

I'm trying to set up a stripe account to set up receiving payments. I have a debit card for PayPal and I want to use it to receive payments from Stripe. Where can I find my routing and account number? 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Routing numbers are for bank acocunts.  You cannot receive payments from Stripe into PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is not a bank.

Login to Me Too

itzbriz
New Community Member

How Do I Find Account Type, Routing Number and Account Number for my PayPal?

I'm setting up Etsy and apparently they need a place to deposite funds and won't specify what the heck they're actually looking for and I have no idea how to look for that specific information on my PayPal. Please help ASAP!!!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Account and Routing number is found on your bank check.  Account type is checking or savings.

If they are asking for PayPal info, use your PayPal email address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Paypal is not a bank,it has no  routing number,it holds our money in banks,banks have routing number and give PAYpal its account number but the fund in the Paypal account  is an aggregate amount,more than just yours,or mine.

ETSY would deposit your sales proceeds in your bank account,just give them the name of your bank,routing number and account number .

Etsy would not send your proceeds to your Paypal account.

Login to Me Too

RayRay65
New Community Member
Can you this for direct deposits
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Ashley

Hi @RayRay65, 

Welcome to the PayPal Community Forums! Regrettably, we do not have the functionality to allow direct deposits into PayPal. 😞

The only way an employer would be able to distribute paychecks through PayPal would be to utilize the "Send Money" feature.

I hope this helps to clarify!

-Ashley

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.