When do recurring payments debit?

vr4legacy
Contributor
Contributor

I am working with an alumni group and we want to incorporate recurring payments for dues.

One question that has come up is whether we can allow the person to choose what day the payments come out. I don't see anywhere to designate the date, and can't seem to find any info.

When does the money debit each month? Is it the day they enroll? Is it a consistent day (i.e. is it calendar date or business date)? And lastly, when does it debit if the date falls on a weekend?

Also, we want to make this as easy and seemless as possible, but it appears you need to sign up for Pay-Pal to send recurirng payments. Is this correct?

Thanks!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor

What I can tell you from my experience is that it would be "on or around the same date each month as the subscription start date."

For example, if somebody signs up on the 6th of the month, they would be billed every 6th.  Sometimes holidays or other things can interfere with that.  Sometimes PayPal's system simply gets behind in queue and has to catch up.  

To setup recurring profiles with PayPal the buyer will need a PayPal account.  If you want to provide an option for people to use a credit card directly on your site you'll need to sign up for PayPal Payments Pro with Recurring Billing.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.